Thursday, November 17, 2016

CooKoo Crazy For Denim Quilts

Have I mentioned lately that I am crazy about demin quilts?

Here is one I completed in spring. I used Natalia Bonner's instructions and laid it out like a hardwood floor. That allowed for maximum use of the jean legs with little waste.

I added some applique flowers (as no quilt is a "Melanie" quilt without embellishment) and rick-rack for the stems with sprout out of a jean pocket.

As the quilt is made up out of about 10 pairs of jeans, it is super heavy. The manager at my LQS recommended that I do not use batting and I am so glad that I took her suggestion as the quilt weighs about 10 pounds! I just added a flannel back and quilted her up using a loop-de-loop for the first time in a variegated thread.

Although it is a super simple design, I positively love this quilt. I love the look, the weight, the quilting, the thread, the backing - EVERYTHING. This is a family favourite!

Can't wait to make another and already have lots of jeans for the next one.






No comments:

Post a Comment